Friday, August 6, 2010

Before I get started - you gotta check out this video on where the early Rock'nroll songwriting legends honed their craft. I'd actually always thought these were BRILL BLDG songwriters... now I know better.

www.ny1.com/content/123014/ny1-online---the-walls-of-sound-

If you've been to our Facebook, you've probably already seen the pics from this past weekend's ROCK-CON. I was only able to attend on Sunday, but from what I saw it was a very succesful event. I had the opportunity to meet fans, as well as some of my Rock'nRoll heroes. Imagine members of everything from the Beach Boys and Supremes to Misftis - all in the same room. I met Sid Bernstein - the legendary promoter who brought the Beatles and Stones to America; and Marty Kupermann of Jay & The Americans... Marty's still writing great punk rock songs. He wrote Joan Jett's BAD REPUTATION. No wonder I've always loved that band. I also had a talk with Supreme, Mary Wilson, and the Village People's 'cowboy'. They've been involved in a campaign to inform musicians of our Rights, and to rally for better treatment all around. I learned that, if you had a recording, composition, or publishing deal in existence before 1978, there's a facility in the Copyright Act of 1976 that gives you the Right to take back your Copyrights. This is a major thing, because it means justice for all of those artists who got royally fucked in the past. On Tuesday, I had another meeting with Congressional Candidate, Roger Blank http://www.RogerBlankforCongress.com and we've arranged to have THE UNDEAD play a fund-raiser for his campaign at RED SKY 47 East 29 St, NYC. Tickets for this fundraiser are $100 for standard admission, and $150 for VIP admission which includes a 'meet and greet' after party on the roof of RED SKY. In coming weeks, I'll be taking Roger on a tour of the East Village - to expose him to the side of things that our representatives are generally out of touch on.

I'll be doing a solo set, this Friday, August 6 - at The Record Collector, 358 FARNSWORTH AVE, Bordentown, NJ For tickets or more info: http://www.the-record-collector.com

And THE UNDEAD are at The Delancey next Friday, August 13...

No comments:

Post a Comment